Young Embroiderers are members of The Embroiderers’ Guild aged 7 – 17 years. We meet monthly in Womens’ Hospital, Crown Street, Liverpool, L8 7SS.
YE meeting dates for 2017-
- Saturday 14th January 2017 – 10.00am-2.30pm in Women’s Hospital, Liverpool
- Saturday 11th February 2017- 10.00am-2.30pm in Women’s Hospital, Liverpool
- Saturday 11th March 2017 – 10.00am-2.30pm in Women’s Hospital, Liverpool
- Saturday 8th April 2017 – 10.00am-2.30pm in Women’s Hospital, Liverpool
- Saturday 13th May 2017 – 10.00am-2.30pm in Women’s Hospital, Liverpool
- On Saturday 20th May 2017 Young Embroiderers are invited to join in Merseyside Embroiderers Guild Summer Tea Party to be held from 2pm – 4pm in All Hallows Church Hall, Greenhill Road, Liverpool L18 6JJ
- Saturday 10th June 2017 – 10.00am-2.30pm in Women’s Hospital, Liverpool
- no meeting in July
- no meeting in August
- Saturday 9th September 2017 – 10.00am-2.30pm in Women’s Hospital, Liverpool
- Saturday 14th October 2017 – 10.00am-2.30pm in Women’s Hospital, Liverpool
- Saturday 11th November 2017 – 10.00am- 2.30pm in Women’s Hospital, Liverpool
- On Saturday 2nd December 2017 Young Embroiderers are invited to join in Merseyside Embroiderers Guild Christmas Tea Party to be held from 2pm – 4pm in Unitarian Church Hall, Ullet Road, Liverpool L17 2AA
At our meetings you may be involved in stitching or craft projects, such as-
- making paper
- creating jewellery from felt and fabric
- stitching a bag
- braiding and weaving
- embroidering a picture
- taking part in group or individual competitions
We would be delighted if more young members came to join us. If you would like further information about Merseyside Young Embroiderers just contact Val at email@example.com
Merseyside YE group were given some money by NW Region and we bought a new full sized sewing machine for our members to use. So today was mostly about using the sewing machine. We are making Garden Pails from a commercial pattern. The girls each added some appliqué designs to the side panels of their garden pails and the Val helped each member to sew the various pieces together using the sewing machine. Time ran out and we didn’t get them finished today so we will have some photos of the finished items next time. At the end of the day each girl was given an Easter egg and chick to put in the baskets.
It is nearly Mother’s Day so this month we had some beautiful Spring primulas and our group each decorated a hessian strip to make a decorative band to go round their plant pot. We frayed the hessian and some used these strings to plait a decorative cord. We sewed on strips of sequins, lace and ribbon. Some girls made chiffon or felt flowers to decorate their strip. At the end of the day we had a beautiful display of plants in their unique pots.
Today we used embroidery rings wrapped with string to make frames for circular weaving. We had lots of different types and colours of tapestry wools and knitting wools to weave a circular background for embroidery. Then we designed a picture to go on top and embroidered it in wool with some beads added.
26th January 2017
Today we had the opportunity at last to present our cushion to the Lord Mayor of Liverpool. Our YE Group was commissioned last year to make a cushion for the Lady Mayoress’ Parlour. We made a large crazy patchwork cushion as a group project and invited Liverpool Lord Mayor Cllr. Roz Gladden to our Summer Tea Party to present the cushion to her. Unfortunately there was a change in the Lord Mayor’s busy schedule, so instead we were invite to the Town Hall where we spent a pleasant afternoon with Lord Mayor Cllr. Roz Gladden. Our cushion will have pride of place on the sofa on which the Queen sat when she came to visit last year.
And so we begin a new year with Merseyside Young Embroiderers. We had 9 members with us today, and we had a needlefelting workshop. We made fabric lined felt purses with a needlefelted sheep decoration and a popper fastening.Well done YE! No-one pricked their fingers on the needlefelting needles, and all enjoyed making a sheep decoration.
We have some news! At the end of last year our YE group were asked to make a cushion for the Lord Mayor’s Parlour. We made a crazy patchwork cushion, and have been invited to Liverpool Town Hall at the end of this month to present it to Liverpool Lord Mayor Cllr. Roz Gladden.